Anxiety can be a normal part of life. It’s normal to be nervous the night before your wedding, the first few minutes before your important presentation, or right before a big first date. However, if you experience intense fear or anxiety about everyday situations regularly, you might suffer from an anxiety disorder. At South Tampa Psychiatry, we can help you perceive the signs of anxiety, and treat them. However, before we can determine which treatment you might need, we need to decide whether or not you have an anxiety disorder.
What Are Some Common Symptoms of Anxiety?
There are several common signs of anxiety. You may not have all of them, but if you can relate to several of the following symptoms, you may have an anxiety disorder. Common symptoms of anxiety are:
- Feeling nervous, restless or tense
- Fearing impending danger or doom
- Experiencing increased heart rate or breathing rapidly
- Sweating and trembling
- Having trouble concentrating on anything other than your fear
- Having trouble sleeping
- Struggling with stomach problems
- Avoiding triggers to your anxieties
- Having trouble controlling your worries
Any of these signs of anxiety could be debilitating. Maybe you feel like your fears are interfering with your day to day life, or you feel like you need drugs or alcohol to help you function. If these symptoms of anxiety sound familiar, you should see a medical professional for help.
What Are Specific Types of Anxiety Disorders?
There are several types of anxiety disorders, and sometimes you can have more than one anxiety disorder at once. It depends on the person. However, a broad list of anxiety disorders include:
- Panic attacks
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Separation anxiety disorder
- Social anxiety disorder and selective mutism
- Substance-induced anxiety disorder
- Specific phobias, such as agoraphobia (fear of spaces or places that make you feel helpless), arachnophobia (fear of spiders), or claustrophobia (fear of enclosed spaces)
What Makes South Tampa Psychiatry A Good Choice to Ease the Signs of Anxiety?
At BoardPrep’s South Tampa Psychiatry, we put your fears at the forefront of your treatment. We take the time to learn about you. We strive to understand your personal history to your thought processes. This process allows us to understand your life and possible triggers.
We will give you coping mechanisms and, if necessary, medication to not only manage your anxiety symptoms but to help you see real results. At South Tampa Psychiatry, we also treat other possible issues, such as:
You don’t have to suffer through your anxiety alone. We can help you overcome your signs of anxiety. Please don’t wait any longer. Call South Tampa Psychiatry today at 866.273.5017. Don’t just survive your symptoms of anxiety. Thrive with South Tampa Psychiatry.